SEND US YOUR VERY BEST
- Hidden Peak Press accepts rolling submissions from writers worldwide.
- Send five poems or one short fiction story (~10,000 words max) as a Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your submission line, put POETRY SUBMISSION: LAST NAME or FICTION SUBMISSION: LAST NAME. All submissions which do not follow this format will be discarded unread.
- Send us your best and most engaging work. Bear in mind the only steadfast rule here at Hidden Peak Press: Do not bore us.
- Include a brief bio (250 words max) with your submission.
- Simultaneous submissions are permitted, but please let us know if your piece(s) are accepted elsewhere while they are under review.
- All submissions will be considered for our periodic magazine Hidden Peak Review as well as Hidden Peak Press’ weekly author spotlight. (For book submissions, scroll to the bottom.)
- Response time is usually 1-2 months, but could be faster. There is no monetary compensation for contributors.
- We do not offer critique/feedback on rejected submissions.
- No previously published works allowed (including personal blogs).
- Upon submission to Hidden Peak Press, you agree your work is original, unpublished, and that you are the original author.
- Do not submit more than once in a six month period unless explicitly requested by the Editors; do not submit rhyming/form poetry, fan fiction, romance or anything that might otherwise be mistaken for Hallmark.
- If accepted, Hidden Peak Press acquires First North American Serial Rights and First Electronic Rights. All rights revert to the writer after publication. Contributors agree to credit Hidden Peak Press if the work is subsequently reproduced online or in print.
- Read our About section, peruse through our Spotlight section and check out the latest issue of the Hidden Peak Review to get a sense of what we are looking for.
We also are accepting submissions for poetry and fiction manuscripts. Poetry manuscripts should be 70-120 pages; no page limit on fiction. Email your book submissions to email@example.com with the subject line – BOOK SUBMISSION, LAST NAME.